Monday, November 10, 2008

Bangsa Malaysia Series

Last weekend, I went to this workshop on non-discrimination. It was a follow up event after my participant in the training of trainers on non-discrimination education organized by KOMAS (Pusat Komunikasi Masyarakat). I know I'm confusing you guys.

But anyway, the workshop I went last weekend was held in Hindu Youth Training Centre, Klang. Ya I know, they have nice bak kut teh there but thats not the point. So basically, we (with the other 3 facilitator) were there to introduce and understand human rights and its basic principles (UDHR - Universal Declaration of Human Rights). In UDHR, it contains about 30 articles laying out the basic rights of a human being. Heres the link to the articles : http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html

Besides that, we were also there to help them to understand bout race discrimination and to raise awareness on its effects amongst the general public. And not forgetting to eliminate racial discrimination and install unity. I sounds easy eh? But trust me its NOT.

Below are a few pictures taken during the workshop





This is what they wrote when I ask them whats good about Malaysia. Its part of exploring the reality io=

Well, there is a good and bad side of everything and this is the not so good part.


There are some other activities as well.

I've got to go now. Bye

P/S: Klang is currently repairing the roads, so prepare to get stuck in the jam like I did :)

No comments: