Saturday, November 15, 2008

I've been conned!!!!

Genting Highland has this china man drawing self portrait pictures. He is a very professional artist, no doubt bout it. The reason I say so is because he drew a girl and it looked EXACTLY like her. 99% similiar. And the portrait is laminated. The portrait comes with 3 sizes and they are all different prices. Small RM50 Medium RM60 and Large RM80.

I thought it would be quite reasonable and I decided to be drawn by that china man. Being myself (the stingy me), I chose to have the RM50 drawing. But unexpectedly, I paid RM80 for the whole portrait. I'll tell you why.

It took 10 minutes to draw my face and for the first time I have facial cramp. I constantly doing my trade mark smile (showing my front row of teeth when I'm smiling, like doing a toothpaste ad).

While the artist drawing me, there are some cekik senang people who actually stood there for 10 minutes to watch the drawing process. So I kinda wasted their 10 minutes on me :)

So after the drawing process, the man showed me my portrait. Sigh, I don't look anything (maybe abit) like that except the hair and forehead. My eyes are smaller in reality but the portrait's eyes are like fish ball eyes. And and I look like a china cartoon character.



Anyway, the RM80 part. I didn't realized that the drawing doesn't include the plastic cover (lamination) that prevent the ink from smearing. And the stupid plastic cover cost me RM30. If I choose not to put the plastic, the ink will definitely smear and whats the point drawing it in the first place. ARGHHHH.

So, thats the whole I've been conned story. But I guess its part of my fault also, for not asking the price properly. Sigh